MS BI/DW Developer
Business Intelligence & Data Visualization Developer
This role will enable the company’s use of data as a strategic asset of corporate goals and objectives. They will be responsible for strategically designing, developing, and implementing enterprise-level BI solutions, data integrations and analytical applications. This role is responsible for understanding and documenting data sources, usage and lineage for enterprise information. The DW-BI & Visualization developer must drive the completion of projects within the established scope, while simultaneously plan for and manage unknown future BI requirements in a dynamic environment.
The ideal candidate will have extensive hands on experience as a BI Visualization Developer working with Power BI, creating prototypes, dashboards and data marts.
- Plays an instrumental role in developing the data warehouse and BI strategy and initiatives.
- Analyzes business and technical requirements, translates them to high level design documents.
- Design and implement BI tools and processes for data intake from multiple sources.
- Establish and maintain data security and compliance, access controls, data governance.
- Design and implement user analytical and visualization tools.
- Provide support to the BI users on the effective use of reporting tools and data structure
- Identify requirements, design, create, deploy, monitor and support BI reports and dashboards, shared object and cubes to empower discovery and information-sharing for business users.
- Utilize expertise and knowledge of data modeling, ETL, and report design for department initiatives, and produce detailed documentation including data flow diagrams, logical diagrams, and data lineage documents.
- With minimal supervision work on a wide range of projects interfacing with development teams, business analysts, IT management and members of the business units
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences, Information Systems or related fields.
- 3+ years of most recent experience in Power BI, proficient in developing Reports, Dashboards, KPI Scorecards, DAX solutions, and data sources connections
- 2+ year of recent experience in Power BI Administration, Setting up Workspaces and users with permissions, roles and security
- 2+ years of experience and knowledge of working with cloud-based IT infrastructure and platforms specifically Microsoft Azure and Power Platform (Power Bi, Power Automate (Flow), and Power Apps) is a big plus.
- 3+ years of experience MS Excel, Pivot Tables, Charts, Graphs, Dashboards, Power Pivot, Power View, and Power Map.
- 5+ years of technical experience in the areas of data architecture, data modeling, data management, data warehouse environment
- 5+ years of experience in SQL Server and Reporting Services SSRS.
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouse, ETL and BI technologies
- 5+ years of advanced query and SQL skills.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Understands best practices for common ETL design techniques such as change data capture, key generation, and optimization.
- Deep understanding of relational and dimensional database domains.
- Knowledge of master data management, metadata management, information lifecycle design, and development.
- Motivated self-starter, detail and quality oriented and ability to handle multiple competing priorities.
- Must be a strong team player with a positive attitude and enthusiasm to get things done.
- Presentation skills to various levels of the organization including executive management.
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal), interpersonal skills and experience.